Thursday, May 28, 2009

Rain Train

We had the experience of having rain for 30 hours.  I've never been in a 'rain train' before where one storm after another after another after another moves over us and it just rains continually.  Now after the rain has stopped, in the slough the water is rushing over the tractor trail as though it were early spring.  In the woods, every low spot is a pond. I noticed that my fine homemade driveway is puddle after puddle all the way out to the road. Hardly any level spots at all.  That is not the way I had envisioned it.  It must be practice.....   My rain gauge showed 4 inches.  Wow!
 I am not complaining at all.  Last week I was walking around in the dust, I was planting onions, beans, peas and the first line vegetables out in the garden. I was hoeing dust, raking dust, and covering the seeds with dust.  I wasn't feeling  like the brightest bulb in the bin.  But now everything is good.  That Gulf rainwater warmed everything up. The quack grass and dandelions are almost up to my knees. My strawberry bed disappeared. But I'm not complaining at all. It is a wonderful week .   I think I have some new fun projects to do, like finding the strawberry plants and mowing the grass.  Everything is so green.  I love it here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment