Monday, April 20, 2009

April 20 Snow Flurries

We have had a week of thawing weather, with temperatures in the 50's and 60's.  Now it is back, snowy rain and foggy gray skies.  So I dressed warm and  got going.   The birds were all over. The ground is just thawing and they were checking everywhere for seeds, worm, grass and bugs.  I could hear geese and cranes flying in the fog. They were close but I couldn't see them.  I cleaned up two piles of wood chip around my much smaller wood pile and spread them along the fence line. It was muddy and wet working outside so I switched to the Rainy Day list. Things to do when I have to be in. Painting in the woodshop came up number 1. My tools and saws and boxes of nails & stuff got moved into a mound when a carpenter came over to insulate my metal pole building. So that job got done and now I have walls of 4x8 plywood.  So I started painting.  I hung a plastic sheet over the doorway so the heat would stay in this smaller room. I painted and painted with 60's music. It wasn't long and I didn't want to be anywhere else. I got about half done, cleaned up and volunteered to cook. We had a spinach omelet. My pan was too hot but it tasted good.  I tucked in the transplants, the snow is covering the ground, it is getting cold. This has been a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment